Our managing partners are retired Army officers with nearly 70 years of military service in combat arms, acquisition, and logistics. Apex employs a strategy based on three interconnected themes: Partner, Collaborate and Innovate. Apex establishes partnerships with industry-leading, successful organizations and academia to resolve complex Defense issues. We collaborate across government, businesses and academia to maximize our client’s return on investment without losing focus on improving Warfighter capabilities. Finally, we innovate within operationally sound boundaries and learn continuously. We complement our Clients’ innovation by ensuring their solutions retain proper operational context through design, development and implementation. A snapshot of Apex’s company recent experience and current capabilities:
Systems Development Experience:
Experts in identifying and documenting processes and workflows used in defining, designing, testing, and implementing Mission Command applications and programs –
- Aptima Corp. – Operational Oversight
- Pacific Science and Engineering Group (PSE) – Research Sponsorship and SBIR Work
- DARPA’s Deep Green – Operational Sponsor
- CERDEC FY11/FY12 ATOs/TECDs
- Mission Command related experiments and data collection in partnership with Army Research Lab (ARL) and Army Research Institute (ARI)
- Mission Command Battle Lab’s (MCBL) Command and Control University (C2U) chartered to familiarize systems developers with the Army operational environment
- Command Post of the Future (CPOF) – Partnership with DARPA at its inception and later with the Personalized Assistant that Learns (PAL) enhanced version (latest)
- Program Manager Mission Command (PM MC) Web/Thin Client experimentation
- Future Combat System (FCS) Combined Test Organization (CTO) testing, planning and execution
- Usability Study and other Multi-Touch Development work with CERDEC
- Connecting Soldiers with Digital Applications (CSDA) Experimentation
- Army Battle Command Systems (ABCS) Systems Development and Integration
- CERDEC Universal Collaboration Bridge (UCB) Experimentation
Capability Development Experience:
Subject matter expertise as the user representative in analyzing, determining, prioritizing, and documenting operational capabilities during the development and lifecycle processes –
- JCIDS Expertise – Document Development, Staffing and Implementation.
- Network Enabled Mission Command Initial Capabilities Document –JROC Approved
- Maneuver Control System Capabilities Production Document –JROC Approved
- CPOF operational capabilities
- Battle Command Common Server operational capabilities
- Common Operating Environment Information Systems – Capabilities Development Document
- Common Operating Environment Expertise
- Command Post Computing Environment Concept of Operations
- Version 2 Scheduled for fielding in FY 17
- Version 3 Scheduled for fielding in FY 19
- DOTmL-PF Assessments
- Operations and Intelligence Convergence
- User representative integrating operational capabilities with System/Application design– Initial Design Review, Preliminary Design Review and Critical Design Review
- VCSA Mission Command Application Review
- Capability Development Certificates
Experience from multiple – user, developer, tester, and sustainer – perspectives in diverse operational settings –
- Managing Partners have extensive operational experience
- Joint Military Branch Assignment (Military Affairs Officer responsible for the Middle East and Africa).
- Foreign Military Sales Experience (Office of Defense Cooperation, US Embassy, Ankara Turkey)
- Soldier Experience spanning both enlisted and officer ranks.
- Developed and provided training to Military Personnel in Peace Keeping and Combat Operations.
- Foreign combat leadership deployments to four major theaters including Iraq, Africa, Somalia and Bosnia.